Modest Mouse Removes Guitarist O’Connor From Tour

Modest Mouse Removes Guitarist O'Connor From Tour Music News
Guitarist Simon O'Connor will not join Modest Mouse's upcoming tour after accusations of sending inappropriate messages to a minor on social media. Les Savy Fav's Seth Jabour will replace him.

Modest Mouse announced Friday that guitarist Simon O’Connor would not join the band for the upcoming tour following accusations that he sent inappropriate messages to a minor on social media.

“Simon O’Connor will not be joining us on the upcoming tour,” the band said in a statement. “The good news is that Seth Jabour of Les Savy Fav will be jumping in to play guitar.”

O’Connor, who joined Modest Mouse in 2021 and plays on the recently released album An Eraser and a Maze, was accused by a 17-year-old Reddit user of sending an erotic image and commenting on photos taken when the user was 16 years old. O’Connor responded to the allegations, apologizing and claiming he mistook the user for an online troll he had previously encountered. He said he sent a tasteless meme and sticker before realizing his error and unsending the messages.

Despite O’Connor’s explanation, Modest Mouse proceeded with the lineup change. A band representative declined to comment on whether the removal is permanent, referring to the band’s Instagram post.

The tour begins August 4 in Ojai, California and concludes October 23 in Sacramento.


See Modest Mouse live

Upcoming Modest Mouse events with tickets available:

  • Aug 4, 2026 — Libbey Bowl, Ojai, California · Get tickets
  • Aug 5, 2026 — The Sound At The Del Mar Fairgrounds, Del Mar, California · Get tickets
  • Aug 6, 2026 — Castro Theatre, San Francisco, California · Get tickets
  • Aug 8, 2026 — Britt Festival Pavilion & Gardens, Jacksonville, Oregon · Get tickets
  • Aug 9, 2026 — Pioneer Courthouse Square, Portland, Oregon · Get tickets

Source: Rolling Stone Music